Let's talk privacy
Strawberry Solutions is committed to privacy protection and compliance with all applicable privacy laws and standards. We will manage personal information in an open and transparent way. We will fulfil our obligations under the Privacy Act of 1988, including the Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012, by complying with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.aoic.gov.au.
1.1. Personal Information we collect and hold
‘Personal information’ is defined as any ‘information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
Personal information we may collect hold could include name, date of birth, address, telephone number(s), bank account details, Tax File Number, resume and employment details.
1.2. Where and how we collect information
We collect information:
- Directly from an individual
- From documents and websites provided to us by the individual
- From third parties, such as in in the case of pre-employment checks or referees
1.3. How we use information we collect
We will use personal information provided to us to:
- maintain a quality service and to tailor and deliver quality eLearning products and services
- evaluate our effectiveness and make improvements to our services
- advise the client of other services that we may provide, in the event this may be of interest to them.
1.4. Sharing personal information
Personal health or business information will not be collected, updated, used, stored or disclosed to another party without written consent. We will not disclose an individual’s personal information to a person, body, or agency unless:
- The individual is reasonably likely to have been aware that information of that kind is usually passed to that person, body, or agency
- The individual has consented to the disclosure
- We believe on reasonable grounds that the disclosure is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to the life or health of the individual or of another person the disclosure is required or authorised by or under law.
1.5. Data quality and correction
We will take reasonable steps (if any) to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and where appropriate, disclose to others, is accurate, complete, and up to date.
At the request of an individual, we will review our records and correct any errors in their personal information.
If we choose not to amend the personal information, we will give the individual a written notice setting out reasons and complaint procedures.
1.6. Rights to access personal information
An individual has the right to access any information we hold about them, subject to some limited restrictions listed in Federal Government legislation.
If an individual considers their personal information to be incorrect, incomplete, out of date or misleading, an individual can request that the information be amended. Where a record is found to be inaccurate, a correction will be made.
An individual can access their own records by a request in writing to the General Manager, Strawberry Solutions.
1.7. Data security
We will take reasonable steps to ensure the information we hold is protected from misuse, interference, and loss as well as from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and only where we believe they reasonably need to encounter that information to provide products or services to an individual or in order to do their jobs
We store information securely electronically and electronic and procedural safeguards in place to protect personal and business information. Limited access will be given to authorised personnel as necessary only.
We will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer required and we are not required by Australian law to retain the information.
1.8. Openness and transparency
When, or as soon as practicable after, collecting information, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that they are aware of:
- our identity and contact details
- how to access the information and update the information we hold about them t
- he purpose for which the information is collected
- the types of entities to which we usually disclose information of that kind,
- how to complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles.
Complaints about a breach of privacy can be made in writing to the General Manager, Strawberry Solutions.
External complaints can be made to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.